Brno, this is not only MotoGP. It is a Moravian capital with many sights to match. Here are five absolute essentials for your first trip:
1. Discover the city centre’s hills: On Petrov Hill, you should see the Cathedral of St Peter and Paul. At the top of the hill called Špilberk, you’ll find the castle of the same name, which contains a museum and famous casemates.
2. See the Jurkovič House and the Löw-Beer Villa, two Art Nouveau villas that are among the top works of their kinds in the world. Or see one of the already legendary functionalist buildings: the Tugendhat Villa, the Stiassni Villa, the Avion Hotel or the restored Zeman Café.
3. Marvel at the Brno’s underground, which promises unforgettable experiences, such as the Labyrinth under the Vegetable Market, the Mint Master’s Cellar and the second-largest ossuary in Europe.
4. Get a spectacular view from Old Town Hall with the fabled dragon of Brno in its passageway and historical halls.
5. Hang out at the romantic Veveří Castle, towering over the Brno Reservoir in the city’s countryside.
The TOP destinations in Brno will help you appreciate the past as well as the present, as you visit places that radiate with the atmosphere of this special city.